Friday, March 2, 2012

Etchings




This is a small etching created for practice from an old plate of Britt's which had a drypoint portrait on top of it. I (mostly) buffed it out with steel wool and used aquatint and open bite to create this image. 


This is my big project for right now... an 18x24" plate I am working using aquatint and open bite. The image on the left is the first proof, before open biting. The image on the right is the second proof, plate wiped in blue with a burnt sienna roll on top. The sharpie I was using as a resist around the white lines wore away in the acid so they have a scratchy dark outline I am in the process of scraping away now. The plate is being polished with steel wool down and will be re aquatinted, and editioned this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment