Sunday, October 30, 2011

Prints and Sketches


Here's 2 of my 20-minute drawings from my Anatomy and Figure Drawing class this week. The model didn't show up one day, so we drew from the skeleton and each other's hands.


Here is the final print of my plate after adding dremeling to the "smoke". I used hand-wiping to pull off some of the plate tone and make some of the white areas even brighter. You can compare it to one of the in-progress prints I posted a week ago. I'm finishing up editioning it now, and then it will be done.



Here's an "a la poupee" print of the plate. A la Poupee is a selective wiping technique where multiple ink colors are used on the same plate. For me and this plate, it was a very long process--it took about an hour and a half for me mix the ink and wipe the plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment