Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Prints Progress

I continued working on 2 of my prints today and yesterday: one intaglio print and one woodcut.

The intaglio print so far only contains etching. This is the second state of the print. At this point, I've added some spit bite on the white parts to give it a more of a gradient instead of just plain white and I did a little more etching to try and bring out some parts that looked a little flat, but it hasn't been printed yet!

Here's my first woodcut! It's a self portrait with a goose--and I just realized that I cut the goose's head off, which wasn't intentional! This was just a progress print anyway--I'm doing some more cutting on the goose's wings and using a stencil so the print comes out a little cleaner next time. I'll post a full photo once I've editioned it.

Tonight I'm working on drawings for my anatomy midterm--tomorrow I'll post some work that I've done throughout the semester in anatomy.

No comments:

Post a Comment